Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Arrived!

I just got to Death Valley and found a room at Stovepipe Wells. The room has. TV with BBC America no less!
 The drive itself was pretty straightforward and I'm definitely finding the long distances less tiring now. Using the foam roller has helped relieve the stiffness that I might otherwise have had. I knew I was going to go near Las Vegas but didn't realise I was also going to be very close to the Hoover Dam. Visiting it has been on my bucket list for quite some time (I love large feats of engineering) so I decided to avail myself of the opportunity to visit. To say it was spectacular would be an understatement. 




Unexpected stops on a journey are what make an adventure so I decided to go to Las Vegas and eat at one of the best taco places I'd ever eaten at - Tacos El Gordo. Having a GPS and cellphone made getting there no trouble at all and I was soon stuffing my face with delicious food. 




After eating I pushed on to the Valley. And here I am. 



It's unbelievably hot outside. The surfaces are all still radiating heat and I wait with trepidation as to how hot it will be tomorrow. 

Oh and I saw two wildfires on the way here. One in AZ and the other close to DV which gave rise to this incredible view. 








No comments:

Post a Comment